Featured Post

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog everyone!

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Poetry Taste #15: "Reclined Twist Practice"

The mountain of stress
Had formed intricate knots in my back.
I know exactly what needs to be done
To make me relaxed - it is not a stranger to me.

Moments later I am lying on my mat,
Arms outstretched to the letter T;
Legs bent in and folded to my torso -
Ready to twist about in a reclined twist.

Twisting and turning one way,
Then the other.
Wringing out built up of stress,
Stretching and untwisting the intricate knots.

Bending but not braking;
Loving to love myself.
I breathe in and breathe out,
Keeping rhythm with my stretching self.

Finally, I am relaxed and stress-free;
And one of my favorites in yoga
Has melted away the mountain successfully -
The reclined twist pose.

[Alyssa Scheidemann - 2019]

2 comments: