Featured Post

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog everyone!

Monday, September 23, 2019

Poetry Tastes #4 - 7: Poetry That Previously Were Only Published as Notes on Facebook

Below are some of my older "poetry tastes" that were previously only published as notes on my Author Facebook page. I have decided to relocate them here in my blog.

Poetry Taste #4: "Comforting The Moon"

The moon lies bright
In a cloudless sky
Alone with no starlight
Above my
Head. The cool air dancing
On my skin.
Overcome with curious eyes gazing,
I'm giving in.
Pointing a finger,
Keeping open one eye,
I trace stars
In the dark sky
To comfort the moon,
To keep it from breaking into a teardrop tune.

Poetry Taste #5: "Angels' Regret"

The moonless sky mirrors
Against the still lake,
Sends glittering black
Rays into oblivion.

A single rose on the edge, left
Regret in the minds
Of the Angels full of light
In the distance.

The abandoned meadow, burning,
smoldering and melting to nothing.

Poetry Taste #6: "Difficult to Anger"

Try to push me to the edge,
Try again and again.
My limit is as high as a mountain's ledge;
I can easily refrain.

Poetry Taste #7: "Hold Me"


Wrap your arms around
me; hold me dear, close, tight, in
the late wintry night.


[Alyssa Scheidemann - 2010-2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment